About Strategic Capital
Strategic Capital is a technology driven, small business financing marketplace that utilizes integrated loan application software to quickly align borrowers with the best financing. Strategic Capital’s seasoned staff (most of its team has over 15 years experience in small business lending) applies a hands-on, concierge style approach to matching clients with the most favorable financing and ushering them through the loan process. In addition to pairing small business owners with curated financing provided by other lenders, Strategic Capital offers an in-house factoring program that can be employed to consolidate high-cost merchant cash advances and provide an additional stream of affordable capital. Strategic Capital was founded in 2014 by serial entrepreneurs Austin Moss and Ryan Ridgway, and since its inception has provided over $216 million to over 3,400 small business owners. Strategic Capital maintains an A+ BBB rating and a 5-Star TrustPilot rating.
Since Strategic Capital operates as a syndicated marketplace to match you with the correct financing for your business, there are multiple loan options available. Term loans, business credit lines, business cash advances, invoice financing, equipment leasing and asset based lending are all available through Strategic. A large majority of the businesses Strategic Capital serves (over 33%) are in the construction industry, but all types of companies are eligible for financing, and over 84% of applicants are approved. Strategic has developed a certain expertise in the areas of invoice financing, equipment leasing and business cash advances.
We think there’s a time and a place for a merchant cash advance to be instrumental and useful. It all depends on their needs and whether there’s an attainable return on investment to be had after they implement the funds.Ryan Ridgway, Strategic Capital Co-Founder
Strategic Capital offers many unique small business financing options that other lenders do not, such as business startup financing, financing for the cannabis industry and other unique industries. Strategic Capital’s in-house FactorFirst program is an affordable option for small business owners to consolidate high-cost merchant cash advances.
Often, we’ll encounter businesses that are “stacked” with multiple cash advances, when in reality they were/are best suited for a factoring relationship because the core needs are healthy and more consistent cash flow cycles. We’ll do a true consolidation and then subordinate to the factoring company, ultimately allowing them to escape high-cost capital in exchange for the product that’s going to work best for them.Ryan Ridgway, Strategic Capital Co-Founder
Program Highlights / Guidelines
Loan sizes from $5,000 to $5 million
- Multiple financing options are available including business term loans, business cash advances, invoice financing, asset-based lending, credit lines, equipment leasing and more
- Funds can be used for any business need including the consolidation of high-cost merchant cash advances
- Business loans from $5,000 to $5 million are available
- Interest rates vary based on product type and start at 5.49% for business term loans and 1.10x for factor rate products
- Invoice factoring fees start as low as 2.5%
- 500 minimum personal credit score requirement
- Startup business financing is available, but all other products require a 6 month minimum time in business and $10,000 minimum monthly revenue
- Fixed loan terms range from 3 months to 5 years
- Almost all industries are considered including cannabis, startups, home-based businesses, and other uncommon business types
Strategic Capital takes your privacy and information security very seriously. You will note the lock icon to the left of its website URL indicating an encrypted website. Additionally, Strategic has advanced security protocols that are used on its site to protect all of your sensitive information from malware and other suspicious activity. All instruments of its website including its application process, are protected with 256-bit high-grade Secure Socket Layer encryption. Strategic Capital does not share or sell any user data. Strategic also does not access your data for non-administrative purposes.
Since Strategic Capital acts as a syndicate instead of a direct lender in most cases, it will not access your hard credit report directly. The direct lender Strategic matches you with to provide your end-financing, will pull your credit (only with your signed authorization) to arrive at a final approval decision. Upon receiving your application, Strategic will monitor your file closely to ensure your credit report is not being run maliciously. Applying with Strategic Capital will not affect your credit score since the firm only pulls a “soft” report which does not register as a hard inquiry.
The Loan Process
LendVer did not shadow the application or loan process for Strategic but its website offers basic information about how to get started and applicants are encouraged to apply online. You can expect to provide the following documentation during the underwriting process:
- Completed Strategic Capital online application
- 4 months business bank statements
- 4 months credit card statements (if applicable)
- Additional documentation may be required since Strategic works with over 150 lenders in addition to its in-house funding options
Strategic offers a completely electronic loan application, underwriting and closing process. The application process can take as little as a few minutes and approval and funding can occur in as fast as 24 hours. Loan application paperwork requiring a signature is sent through secure electronic software. Upon completion and signing of Strategic Capital’s application its integrated and autonomous processing systems triggers the pre-qualification process. Strategic first evaluates a loan application for in-house funding, and if it’s not a fit, application details are automatically compared with up to 150 outside lenders’ underwriting criteria to see which funding sources are the best match.
With 3 clicks of a mouse, outside lenders have all the documentation they need to underwrite a file for funding. In order to keep a hands-on approach and protect an applicant’s credit, Strategic first submits to 3 lenders that it considers “Tier A”, and if no positive results are seen within 8 hours, a second group of lenders in “Tier B” will be offered application details, and so on. Strategic reviews its lender waterfall on a frequent basis to ensure it’s always working with those lenders offering the most favorable pricing, fastest and simplest execution, and highest quality service.
- Since Strategic is a technology driven business loan marketplace, it can quickly match you with financing from one of its 150+ lenders, saving you time and money.
- Strategic has an A+ BBB rating and a 5-Star TrustPilot rating, the firm addresses customer issues head-on and always puts clients first.
- Business startup financing is available through Strategic, as is financing for unique industries such as cannabis and home-based businesses.
- Because Strategic focuses on alternative business loans, over 84% of applicants are approved. Borrowers with credit scores down to 500 and businesses turned down by other lenders are considered.
- Through a fully automated process Strategic can provide a financing approval as fast as 1 hour and funding in as little as 24 hours.
- Strategic Capital provides concierge level service and aims to be a consultant and capital resource for a business through its entire life cycle.
- Strategic Capital serves mostly businesses that don’t qualify for conventional financing, so the firm is not likely the best fit for top tier borrowers.
- Most of Strategic Capital’s funding is provided by third-party lenders, so it is usually not the direct decision maker when it comes to whether or not you are approved for financing.
Why Strategic Capital is the Best
Strategic Capital offers alternative business capital through its technology driven marketplace from $5,000 to $5 million, making the firm a great fit for business owners with a wide range of capital needs. Strategic can save you significant time and money by quickly providing carefully curated financing options from a selection of its 150+ lenders. Strategic offers unique financing not provided by other lenders, such as business startup financing, cannabis industry financing, merchant cash advance consolidation and home-based business financing. Strategic carefully manages your loan application process, ensuring that your credit profile remains protected and that you select the financing option that will be a benefit to your business, not a detriment.Visit Strategic Capital