About South End Capital
Founded in 2009, South End Capital is a nationwide, non-conforming lender providing small balance real estate mortgages, subprime SBA loans, and business financing. South End Capital is committed to offering excellent service and innovative financing that is affordable to borrowers. Additionally, the firm provides fee discounts to veterans and first responders.
US Business News, Fit Small Business, Top Ten Reviews and Business.com have recognized South End Capital as one of the premier non-conforming lenders in the country.
Contact South End Capital:
- Visit South End Capital’s Website
- 101 Merritt 7 Corporate Park, Suite 300, Norwalk, CT 06851
South End Capital offers a few distinct loan programs for business owners and property investors, and concentrates on providing affordable loan terms to borrowers shut-out of conforming financing. The firm’s primary loan offerings are small balance real estate (SBRE) mortgages, subprime SBA financing, and business financing. South End Capital funds its SBRE program directly, but acts as an intermediary for its subprime SBA and business programs.
SBRE Program Highlights / Guidelines
Financing secured by the following property types is available: 1 to 4 unit residential, vacation rentals, multifamily, mixed-use, office, retail, warehouse, industrial, mobile home parks, self-storage, auto-service, auto-dealers, daycare, restaurants, nightclubs, bars, hotels, motels, assisted living, adult living, memory care, rooming houses, sober living houses, rehab houses, church / religious property, and more.
Loan sizes from $150,000 to $20 million
- Bank statement, stated income and full documentation loans
- Interest rates start at 3.5%
- 1, 3, 5, 7 & 30 year fixed loan terms
- Interest only to 30 year amortizations available
- No credit score minimum
- Up to 80% LTV (up to 100% rehab financing available)
- Foreign national and foreign investor loans
- Non-profit loans, including for religious property
- Flexible prepayment penalty options
- Close in 2 to 4 weeks
- Nationwide program (some restrictions may apply)
Subprime SBA Program Highlights / Guidelines
South End Capital is the industry front-runner in subprime SBA financing, having delivered over $200 million via its innovative program. The company provides streamlined SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans to non-conforming business owners turned down by other SBA lenders or banks. The firm offers no collateral loan options, and can provide up to 150% LTV (loan-to-value) in 1st, 2nd or 3rd position on real estate and/or equipment via its SBA 7(a) program. South End Capital also provides SBA 504 financing collateralized by commercial property occupied >/= 51% by the borrower’s business, or when secured by heavy equipment.
In addition to offering SBA financing to borrowers with low credit, lower than normal cash-flow coverage, or past financing barriers, the company is also flexible with its use of proceeds. South End Capital does not cap the working capital it can provide via its SBA 7(a) program, can consolidate merchant cash advances, and also provide renovation, construction and start-up financing.
Loan sizes from $150,000 to $20 million
- Quarterly adjustable and fixed rates start at 6%
- 10 and 25 year loan terms and amortizations available
- Predictable monthly loan payments
- 600 credit score minimum
- Up to 150% LTV, and as little as 5% purchase down payment
- 1 year minimum time in business (tax returns must be filed)
- Merchant cash advance and debt consolidation financing
- Business land financing and special-use property considered
- No collateral options available
- No prepayment penalty options
- Nationwide program
The Loan Process
LendVer did not shadow the application or loan process for South End Capital but its website offers basic information about how to get started. Applicants are encouraged to fill out a short online loan application to get started.
- Low interest rate, low documentation loans starting at 3.5% for non-conforming borrowers.
- High LTV (loan-to-value) loans up to 80% for commercial property, and 100% rehab financing for investment residential and select property.
- Various underwriting options are available including stated income, bank statement and full documentation loans.
- South End Capital offers long-term commercial mortgages fixed for up to 30 years which are very unusual.
- South End Capital’s loan process is easy and requires minimal documentation.
- The company has a great industry reputation and has been in business for 10+ years.
- Most property types are considered including special-purpose commercial real estate such as bars and restaurants which most lenders stay away from.
- Automated and email based loan pre-approval process so not much phone interaction with real people in the beginning.
- Rates for really low credit borrowers (500 to 600 score range), or for South End Capital’s hard money loans are in the 10% to 13% range.
- South End Capital is a business property and investment property lender, it doesn’t make primary residence loans.
Why South End Capital is the Best
We evaluated many commercial real estate lenders and named South End Capital the Best Commercial Real Estate Lender due to its flexible and innovative programs, its speed of execution and its customer service. South End Capital offers unique products such as a 30-year fixed commercial real estate mortgage, unrestricted cash-out and stated income underwriting for special-purpose property like bars and restaurants.Visit South End Capital