About Lone Oak Fund
Lone Oak Fund is a direct portfolio bridge lender focusing on providing short-term, 1st trust deed loans secured by California real estate. Lone Oak lends to real estate investors and developers only and does not make primary residence loans. Lone Oak was founded in 2003 by experienced real estate developers and since its inception has funded over $5 billion. Lone Oak presently has over $1 billion in unleveraged capital available for deployment.
In 2017 Lone Oak funded 581 loans totaling $860.7 million.
Lone Oak funds short-term loans from $1 million to $50 million to developers and property investors looking to purchase, refinance or cash-out of non-owner occupied residential property, commercial property or entitled land. Lone Oak’s concentration has always been on California bridge loans and the company has differentiated itself through a number of unique program attributes outlined below.
Below are a sampling of reasons why a borrower would take out a loan from Lone Oak:
- The borrower needs to close quickly (most loans close within 1 week)
- Instances where rents need to be seasoned
- The borrower plans to relocate tenants, renovate, and lease-up
- The property is a vacant building or has below market rents
- The borrower needs to pay off existing construction debt until property is sold
- The borrower is a foreign national who owns California real estate
Bridge Loan Program Highlights / Guidelines
A bridge loan is a short-term loan that usually assists in bridging a borrower from a less favorable situation to a more favorable situation. For example, a borrower may take out a bridge loan to pull cash-out of his property to pay off lingering debt and improve a low credit score, so he can refinance into a permanent loan. Real estate collateral is essential to Lone Oak’s program and borrowers without hard commercial real estate or investment residential real estate collateral are not eligible for financing.
Loan sizes from $1 million to $50 million
- Loans secured by non-owner occupied residential real estate, multifamily, retail, office, industrial, vacant buildings and entitled land
- No set minimum credit score requirement
- Loan-to-value (LTV) up to 60%
- Interest rates from 6.9% to 8.9% interest only
- No occupancy requirement or minimum debt-service coverage ratio
- Purchase, refinance and cash-out loans only
- 0.50% to 2.00% loan origination fee
- 1st lien position loans only
- $500 to $1,500 processing fee
- 1 to 24 month loan terms with extensions available
- No prepayment penalty or yield maintenance
- Closings can occur in days, not weeks
- No appraisal report required
- Foreign national loans available
- No personal guarantee required (non-recourse)
The Loan Process
LendVer did not shadow the application or loan process for Lone Oak but its website offers basic information about how to get started. Applicants are encouraged to fill out a short online application form or to call Lone Oak directly to start an application. Lone Oak also lists its staff’s names and contact information on its website.
Lone Oak does not require an appraisal be paid for or completed. Because of its low leverage limit and familiarity with the California market where it lends exclusively, Lone Oak is able to formulate internal property valuations to save time and money for the borrower. Processing, underwriting and loan approval are all done in-house at Lone Oak, further contributing to its efficiency and ability to close in under a week.
- Lone Oak offers low cost terms with rates starting at 6.9% and loan points starting at 0.50%.
- There is no prepayment penalty, yield maintenance or personal guarantee required.
- Processing fees start at only $500 and no appraisal fee or report is required.
- Lone Oak can fund from $1 million to $50 million in less than a week.
- Unique loans are available for foreign nationals, entitled land and vacant buildings.
- Lone Oak has funded over $5 billion and has over $1 billion of capital available to lend.
- Lone Oak’s maximum LTV is 60% which eliminates many borrowers in need of higher leverage.
- Lone Oak only lends in California so borrowers in other states cannot take advantage of its competitive programs.
- Only select property types are available for financing through Lone Oak.
- Loan sizes under $1 million are not considered, therefore Lone Oak is a better option for borrowers with larger capital needs.
Why Lone Oak is the Best
Lone Oak has operated as a premier California bridge lender since 2003 and has funded over $5 billion in loans. Lone Oak’s experience in the California market enables Lone Oak to close loans in under a week; no appraisal is required and all processing, underwriting and loan servicing is done in-house. Lone Oak offers large loan sizes up to $50 million and its terms are very affordable when compared to other bridge lenders.Visit Lone Oak Fund