About Funding Circle
Funding Circle is a direct, online business lender, and technology-enabled loan platform. Since its founding in 2010, Funding Circle has delivered over $12 billion to more than 90,000 small businesses globally. Funding Circle provides a variety of financing options to small business owners, but is presently focused on the Paycheck Protection Program “PPP”. Funding Circle is an SBA approved direct PPP lender, and utilizes cutting-edge technology to facilitate a fast and simple PPP application process.
Since Funding Circle is not a bank, it does not require an existing relationship, or that you transfer funds or other business services to receive a PPP loan. Funding Circle maintains a 4.8/5-star “Excellent” Trustpilot rating, based on 9,683 reviews.
Contact Funding Circle:
- Visit Funding Circle’s Website
- 85 2nd Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA, USA 94105
Funding Circle is one of the largest non-bank business lenders in the world, it has a network of 100,000 investors, and its backers collectively manage over $5 trillion. Funding Circle is one of the leaders in providing 1st and 2nd Paycheck Protection Program loans, and through its customized technology, has streamlined the PPP loan process enabling any eligible business to apply for a PPP loan. Additionally, Funding Circle’s customer service team provides a dedicated representative to assist you through its PPP loan application process.
Below is a sampling of reasons why you would seek PPP financing from Funding Circle:
- You are a sole proprietor, independent contractor, or single-employee business, and want to work with a PPP lender that has experience lending to the smallest businesses
- You do not have an existing bank relationship, or do not have confidence that your current bank or lender can perform
- A streamlined, fast, paperless, and simple online PPP loan application is desired
- You want a full-service PPP company that will hold your hand through the entire application process
- You want a PPP loan, but do not want to transfer bank accounts or other business services to obtain one
PPP Loan Highlights / Guidelines
The Paycheck Protection Program (also known as the PPP) is a program that was released by the Small Business Administration on April 3, 2020 to help supply funding to small businesses, nonprofits, sole proprietors, and business entities affected by COVID-19. $660 billion of total PPP financing was approved under The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, also known as the CARES Act.
This Paycheck Protection Program initially ended on August 8, 2020, and on December 27, 2020 additional legislation was signed into law to extend the program. Funding Circle is accepting online applications for business owners seeking a 1st or 2nd PPP loan. The new proposed legislation also allows borrowers to obtain a second PPP loan, so borrowers who have already received a PPP loan but still require additional relief financing, should apply with Funding Circle.
Loan sizes from $5,000* to $2 million
- Interest rate of 1%
- Maturity of up to 5 years
- No collateral
- No personal guarantees
- No borrower or lender fees paid
- 100% loan forgiveness available (subject to SBA eligibility guidelines)
*Apply here for a PPP loan less than $5,000
The Loan Process
Information about the PPP loan process for Funding Circle is available on its website along with detailed instructions about what to expect, and how to get started. Interested applicants can start a PPP loan application here.
PPP loan applicants will need to show their business was in operation on February 15, 2020, and provide monthly payroll verification for all of 2019, or their last 12 months of business. Seasonal business owners can qualify if they prove they were operational for an eight-week period between February 15, 2019 and the application date. Loan applicants may be eligible for a second PPP loan, if their business has continued to suffer revenue loss and hardship after receipt of their first PPP loan.
Business owners should prepare to provide the following documents to apply for a PPP loan (other documents may be required and more information can be found here):
- Business financials / bank statements
- Copy of driver’s license
- Proof of payroll (IRS Form 941, Schedule C, etc.)
Assuming the application information and documentation provided to Funding Circle is amenable, your PPP loan application will be processed for an SBA guarantee number and funding (as long as funds are available and you are deemed eligible for a PPP loan). The entire loan process can be conducted and monitored through your online portal.
- Funding Circle has experience in providing PPP financing to a variety of business types and structures, and has delivered funding to over 700 different industries.
- Funding Circle has already originated and closed thousands of PPP loans and has the experience of providing over $12 billion to more than 90,000 small businesses globally.
- Funding Circle is focused on the PPP so it will not be distracted by other business services that will detract from the processing of your PPP loan.
- Funding Circle has specialized software that enables you to quickly and easily apply for a PPP loan, and a dedicated customer support representative will also be assigned to your file to assist you.
- Funding Circle is not a bank, so you will not be required to transfer business funds, or obtain other services from Funding Circle to obtain your PPP loan.
- Funding Circle is focused on the PPP presently, so other loan products may not be available.
- Funding Circle will only be able to process PPP loan applications as long as government funding remains available, so applying well before the PPP expires on March 31, 2021 is imperative.
Why Funding Circle is the Best
Funding Circle is one of the largest, non-bank business lenders in the world, and has provided over $12 billion to more than 90,000 small businesses. The firm is focused on the PPP, and has customized software to make the PPP application process simple, fast, and paperless. Funding Circle is not a bank, so it does not require an existing relationship, or that you open up an account or transfer funds or other business services to receive a PPP loan. Funding Circle has funded thousands of PPP loans, and has the expertise of delivering capital to a variety of different business structures in over 700 industries.