About Emerald Creek Capital
Emerald Creek Capital is a direct portfolio bridge lender that focuses on providing short-term, 1st trust deed loans secured by commercial real estate nationwide. Emerald Creek lends to real estate investors and developers only and does not make primary residence loans. Emerald Creek was founded in 2009 by experienced commercial real estate financiers Mark Bahiri and Mark Penna and has grown to include an in-house team of professional loan originators and operational staff. Emerald Creek presently offers loans from $2 million to $50 million and although the company lends nationwide, the bulk of its funding occurs in urban New York.
Emerald Creek recently funded a $26.5 million development loan in New York City, which was secured by a 42,000 square foot mixed-use building.
Emerald Creek funds short-term loans from $2 million to $50 million to developers and property investors looking to purchase, refinance, renovate, cash-out or re-position non-owner occupied residential property, commercial property or even urban land. Emerald Creek’s concentration has been on urban New York bridge loans, but its website displays periodic loan closings in other states such as FL, GA, MA, NJ, SC and WA. Emerald Creek has differentiated itself by creating a customized, service based lending approach as well as a number of unique program attributes outlined below.Visit Emerald Creek Capital
Bridge Loan Program Highlights / Guidelines
A bridge loan is a short-term loan that usually assists in bridging a borrower from a less favorable situation to a more favorable situation. For example, a borrower with troubled credit may take out a bridge loan on his property to pay-down debt, judgments or rectify other issues to improve his score and then refinance into a permanent loan. Real estate collateral is essential to Emerald Creek’s program and borrowers without hard commercial real estate or investment residential real estate collateral are not eligible for financing.
Loan sizes from $2 million to $50 million ($1 million minimum in New York)
- Loans secured by multifamily, mixed-use, office, retail, luxury investment residential property, urban land, parking facilities, hospitality and warehouse
- Loan proceeds may be used for acquisitions, refinancing, renovations, re-positioning, cash-out purposes, expiring 1031 exchanges, expiring purchase contracts, auctions, partnership buyouts, discounted payoffs, agreement fulfillment, construction or tenant improvements
- Interest rates are interest only and start at LIBOR + 500 basis points (from 7%)
- Loan terms are 1 to 3 years with possible extension options available
- Loan origination fees are 1% to 2% of the loan amount
- No prepayment penalty, yield maintenance or exit fees
- Closings occur in 1 to 2 weeks
- Loan-to-value (LTV) up to 65% is available
- No set credit score minimum
- Foreign nationals are considered
The Loan Process
LendVer did not shadow the application or loan process for Emerald Creek but its website offers basic information about how to get started. Applicants are encouraged to contact Emerald Creek directly here to start an application. Emerald Creek also lists its staff’s names and contact information on its website.
Emerald Creek does require an appraisal be paid for and completed from a certified appraiser approved in advance, and it will manage the appraisal process directly. Because of its low leverage and familiarity with the New York market, Emerald Creek is able to save time and money for borrowers by processing, underwriting and approving all loans in-house. Because of Emerald’s efficiency and experience in the New York market, loans tend to close in as little as 1 to 2 weeks.
- Emerald provides great service with over 25% of its loans coming from repeat borrowers.
- Low rates and fees starting at LIBOR + 500 basis points and a 1% origination fee.
- No prepayment penalty, yield maintenance or exit fees.
- Unique loans are offered for foreign nationals, renovation and ground-up construction.
- Emerald Creek gives back to the community by providing an annual scholarship up to $10,000 to an outstanding high school senior to assist in his or her continuing education.
- Emerald Creek’s maximum LTV is 65% which eliminates many borrowers in need of higher leverage.
- Although Emerald Creek lends nationwide, its main experience is in the urban New York market so loan terms in other states may not be as aggressive.
- Loan sizes under $2 million (except in NYC) are not considered, so Emerald Creek is a better option for borrowers with larger capital needs.
Why Emerald Creek is the Best
Emerald Creek has operated as a leading New York bridge lender since 2009 and has funded hundreds of loans for a variety of situations. Emerald’s experience in the New York market enables Emerald to close loans in 1 to 2 weeks and consider unique loan situations such as foreign national loans and construction loans. Emerald Creek offers large loan sizes from $2 million to $50 million ($1 million minimum in NYC) and its terms are very affordable starting with rates of only 7% interest only and a 1% loan origination fee.Visit Emerald Creek Capital